FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
1. We are located at 750 West Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda, FL 33950
- Students are required to wear suitable footwear to go into the water (no flip flops).
- Please send sunscreen with your child for reapplication by the child.
- Send your child with lunch and snacks for the day.
- Students should bring hats and a retainer for glasses or sunglasses.
- PFD's (Personal Flotation Devices) will be provided. Note: Per US Coastguard regulations, children are required to wear a life jacket at all time while on the water.
- Each camper will receive one shirt and one whistle (while supplies last).
- Payment must be received by 3:00 pm on the Friday prior to session start. If payment or registration for the week is not received, the student will not be permitted in the program. You are responsible for payment for all the weeks your child is signed up to attend. There will be no refunds or credits of paid weeks.
- All payment options are available on-line.
- Classes will be held rain or shine.
- Please keep in mind that this is a sailboat, it is not handicap or wheelchair accessible.
10. Special considerations will be made for youngsters who cannot afford to learn to sail. Volunteers are available to teach qualified applicants. Please contact 941.999.1102 to apply for financial assistance.